Fehler P0700

• Ob es den Sensor dahingerafft hat, müßte man mittels OBD und Läppi doch rauskriegen ?
    Muß mal schauen, ob das nicht auch die Temperatur anzeigt.

aller Guten Dinge sind...

• Bei den 20 Euro Chinateilen ist auch Shareware dabei, die reicht.
    Meist so 5-6 Programme.

• ...und mal wieder ich... :)

Ich habe jetzt ein OBD2-Kabel und passende Shareware und habe mal ein bisschen gemessen.

Normalerweise steht der Zeiger meiner Kühlwassertemperatur knapp auf der Hälfte der Skala, wenn der Kleine warm ist. Manchmal allerdings klettert der Zeiger nur auf ein Viertel bzw. knapp über den unteren "Rotbereich" heraus - auch bei längerer Fahrt. Nach abstellen des Motors und Neustart keine Besserung. Einige Tage später wieder "gewohnte" Anzeige. Der Sensor gibt aber laut OBD2-Anzeige die selben Werte an - in beiden "Anzeigevarianten".

Scheinbar scheint also die Anzeige einen weg zu haben - also eher unproblematisch. Aber trotzdem würde mich mal interessieren, ob eventuell einer von Euch weiß, woran das liegen könnte?

• (DE)
    Hallo.
    Ich bin sehr extrem wollen Ihre Meinungen zu wissen!
    Dinge passiert:
    3 Tage her habe ich den gleichen Code. Ich habe die Korrosion in der Batterie, aber nachdem sie poliert ca. 20 Meter das Licht eingeschaltet ist und die "limp-Modus begann". Alle weitere Funktion in Ordnung ist. Die Kraft des zweiten Antriebs (Ich denke, das ist zweite Laufwerk von einem normalen maximal 120 km fahren). Ich habe den "Output Sensor" bestellt und morgen beweisen. Geändert(changed) das Relais für "A / C" auf "EATX" in das Feld der Nähe der Batterie, weil ihr die gleichen sind.
    (EN)
    Hi.
    I'm very extremely want to know your opinions!
    Things happens:
    3 day ago I have the same code. I have the corrosion in the battery, but after polished them about 20 meter the light is on and the "limp mode began". All another functions is ok. The power of second drive (I think that is second drive go normal of one maximum 120km). I have ordered the "Output sensor" and tomorrow will prove. Changed the relay for “A/C” to “EATX” in the box near battery, because they are the same.

I bought a 3 month ago from Germany a 54 000km Neon II 2001 LE - USA (Canada ver.) with a little problem only: the light in baggage don’t work (since the lamp is ok). Now have 61 000km. I changed the motor oil in one service but I don’t trust the mechanic who do that (they change my original mineral oil with a semi-synthetic oil type Castrol 2000 or similar, but not Mobil 1). However, the belt and water pomp is also changed to be sure that I will not have problem. The Transmission Oil remain original. It’s a “Pink” and smell good. Have enough (a little more than maximum). Have some gentle pull 3-4 times but never go in “limp mode” that’s when I arrived here in Italy.

Now I'm in Italy, but near about 50 km I haven't here any support. The battery is about 12,64V - “MOPAR”, like all of that care. I’m not sure if I must to change battery, because of another forums who regards the corrosion and some “ground” effects (like relay f.e.).
    Almost here is very DIFFICULT to find any parts for this care, I will appreciate all of you opinions!

(DE)
    Jetzt bin ich in Italien, sondern in der Nähe ca. 50 km habe ich nicht hier keine Unterstützung. Die Batterie ist etwa 12,64 V - "MOPAR", wie alle für diese Behandlung. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, wenn ich muss, um Batterie zu wechseln, wegen eines anderen Foren, die die Korrosion und einige "Boden"-Effekte (wie Relais fe) betrachtet.
    Fast ist hier sehr schwierig, irgendwelche Teile für diese Betreuung zu finden, werde ich euch alle zu schätzen wissen Meinungen! Sie können in deutch beantworten - ich verstehe sehr gut, aber can nicht Schreiben ohne Fehler!

• Offizieller Beitrag

check ALL ground wires!
    especially the radiator ground.
    that can cause a lot of problems!

P0700 = transmission control problem.

Automatic? so the automatic control unit could cause that problem.

Maybe also mass problem - check the PCM mass wires also!!!
    (from the PCM up to the driver side headlight - you can't miss it!)

• If you have a original battery (so it´s about 11 years old now...) it´s really time to change the battery next time.

I would suggest you should remove the PCM and TCM plugs and look for corrosion there, maybe it´s not a bad idea to use a contact cleaner and check out all groundwires you can find as Legoman said (unscrew the cableshoes, remove corrosion, use contact grease, screw the cableshoes tight). Also look for the plug on the shift solenoid block (under the airfilterhousing). The shift solenoid itself is sometimes causing problems.
    So if you decide you have to do more on your transmission I would suggest you should get the car to anyone who is aible to read the transmission trouble codes and/ or to get a new/ refurbished shift solenoid before you get the whole trany out.
    At least this is not too expensive and you could do it nearly on your own. Nethertheless it might be something else, but if you say the oil is fine ( checked that with running warm engine ?) it shouldn´t be something worse within your transmission.
    If the trany-oil has never been changed before it´s time to do it now (including the filter).

ebay keywords: A604 41TE shift solenoid

• Thanks Legoman & Gnuserup.
    Yesterday I checked and reattached the front all masses (Checked also with multimeter) but all was ok. I ordered also some pipe tools, because I haven't here anything. In the nearby - no one have the tools DRB3. If I have the schematics I will build myself better with computer. Today I will continue to the Fuse case who is nearby Battery. I don't know exactly if the down side is a "PCM" or in another place. Since this machine (from all that I learned for this 3 days) used the basic "comparator" system and only store info at some flash memory, the mistakes in error can be a big digit. So, forget the code - they is a "general or basic code" - for information only (I guess that future technology progress is built from old humans mistakes :mrgreen: )
    ->However, if some have the exactly location of PCM for my care, please let me show (or if have picture is better). Also have a problem to get up (because I don’t know this clips how to tire up) a “PDC” to recheck all of cable and grounds there – I don’t have in trunk lamp never worked before – I bayed auto with this problem.
    ->If someone know the resetting procedure without tools like DRB3 for mistakes let me know (I must test this also).
    ->Can generator produce this mistakes? (because I have rumor time to time from there-the belt is a little big)
    ->How can identify that I have the 4 or 3 automatic transmition? In some dodge forums they said that for in the end of 2001 the only transmition produced was a 4??

• The PCM is located under the airfilterhousing on the drivers side (left hand drive).
    If you have a 3 or a 4 speed you could easily examine by watching your shifter (PRND31 = 4 speed or PRND21 = 3 speed).
    The 3-speed is hydraulic and has a kickdownwire from the throttlebody to the transmission, the 4-speed is electronic and has no kickdownwire.
    On the earlier 2nd-gen. neons the TCM for the 4-speed trany is separated and must be located nearby the pcm.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.dodgeowners.de/Neon/Tempomat/100_4881.JPG]
    (On the picture above you could guess the PCM - there is no separate TCM as the picture shows a manual neon)

On the later 2nd-gens the PCM and TCM are withing the same box.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.dodgeowners.de/Neon/SXT/2163.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.dodgeowners.de/Neon/SXT/2198.jpg]

But I don´t think you have this - these are to find only on the NGC-models(new generation computer) from 2002 up.

You could try to reset by disconnecting the battery over night. Another professional tool than DRBIII should be fine for
    testing and resetting as well. Maybe you should search for a tranyshop in your region.
    Anyway no bad idea to buy a cheap OBD to USB Scantool. You get Chinaware for about 10-20 Euro with some shareware
    included. Enough to read the codes and reset some, not at least to read out some live parameters.

• I have the 4 speed. The left-drive side (inside the driver seed) has one stake of fuse: they all not need grounds, all is ok.
    The front left side nearby battery I have only one Case: maybe that's is my "PDC" & "PCM" also, because all connections go there.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sat-net.free.bg/files/Neon_2001_LE/Neon%202%202001%20LE%204%20Speed%20T-PCM.JPG]
    By the way, here I can't find the basic sensor(must to go specialy only in office of Chrysler) or oil For transmission: guess how I can find trany shop here. Theyfore all buying from China – the center of most post is Germany. Yesterday I walk to one Battery house. Word like “Mopar” nobary knows :lol: .

• PDC is Power Distribution Center - that´s the box with the fuses and relays.
    PCM is Power Control Module (or something like that) and is definitely located
    under the airfilterhousing.
    You can see the ground for your PDC on your picture - the single cableshoe on the
    bottom right of the PDC.

What kind of sensor do you mean ?

For the trany itself I think there are only two -

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=a604+sensor&_sacat=See-All-Categories">http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... Categories</a><!-- m -->

By the way - try to find out which sort of oil your transmission has - maybe and most probably ATF+4

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.de/itm/Getriebeol-Mopar-ATF-4-Dodge-Chrysler-4-4-L-Ol-MS-9602-OVU02153AD-Jeep-Ram-/221007596810?pt=Autopflege_Wartung&hash=item3375144d0a">http://www.ebay.de/itm/Getriebeol-Mopar ... 3375144d0a</a><!-- m -->

but maybe ATF+3. As far as I heard you should not mix them if possible.

You could use a Banner-Battery or any other which fit - just give it a try

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.neonowners.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6758">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6758</a><!-- l -->

• - The "output sensor" only (Part# 4800879) -> if must to trust the what say is "Mopar", they are the same from 1999 to 2005 almost for all Chrysler (Dodge resp.).
    - About the oil: Many thanks, I already contacted the "Royalgas" (on Friday)- seems that they are good for the oil type "Mopar", so I can get this quickly, but waiting for engine first -> this will be the last that I will be done.
    - In some forums I read some tricks to re-learn new battery or new sensor or Solenoid pack. Must I do the same or my case is a different (because this what I read was isn't for Neon LE 2001) ??

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!